Dance it out: 6 videos and quotes to get you grooving
Reason #467 why YouTube is the shit: dope videos that get us dancing in our chairs.
Some Fridays we just want to pump up the volume and dance like no one is watching. Other Fridays, we just want to watch someone else (someone with dope skills) dance like no one is watching. For all of you who are having the second kind of Friday, here are some of our favorite YouTube dance videos. (Don’t worry, they know we’re watching and they’re totally cool with it.)
1. “Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.” — Oprah Winfrey
Dancers: JoJo Gomez (choreographer) and students
Music: Meghan Trainor, Me Too
2. “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.” — Wayne Dyer
Dancers: Noelia Hurtado and Carlos Espinoza
Music: El Cachivache Quinteto
3. “There is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost.“ — Martha Graham
Dancers: Yannis Marshall (choreographer), Arnaud Boursain, and Mehdi Mamine
Music: Beyoncé medley
4. “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.” — Martha Graham
Dancers: Francis Perreault and Matthew Richardson
Music: The Irrepressibles, “Arrow”
5. “We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams.” — Albert Einstein
Dancer: Habibi Lal
Music: Mala, "Changes (James Blake Harmonimix)”
6. “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.” — Jalaluddin Rumi
Dancer: Misty Copeland
Music: James Blake, Retrograde
Whether your dancing happens on stage, at the club, or in the shower, enjoy every moment. And if some vertical dancing could get horizontal, make sure your birth control is covered.
Shake that booty,
P.S. Sharing sexy photos or videos without permission (a.k.a. revenge porn) is abuse. Here’s what you should know.
Heat up your weekends with our best sex tips and so much more.