Effective date May 20, 2020
Information we collect
Personal Information. We may collect and store any information that you choose to enter through Bedsider. This includes personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, zip code, and date of birth, and other information (personal and non-personal) about you that you may submit through Bedsider, including through any content that you provide. We may require that you provide some personal information in order to participate in certain features we offer. In some cases, we may combine this information with personal information we have collected about you from other sources.
Cookies. When you visit Bedsider or AbortionFinder.org, we may assign your computer a “cookie” (a small, unique identifier text file) to remember who you are. We also may include other information in our cookie files; for example, if you arrived at Bedsider via a link from a third-party site, we may include the URL of the linking page. In addition, we collect gender, age, and interest information from 3rd parties using Google Analytics. We may combine the information we collect through cookies with other information, including personal information we have gathered about your visit in aggregate to improve our services.
How we use this information
We may use the information we collect about you in certain ways in connection with our business. These uses include:
- Providing you with the products and services you request;
- Responding to your questions and comments;
- Providing you with information, including advertising, about selected products and services offered by Bedsider or others that may be of interest to you;
- Facilitating communications between you, your friends, and other users;
- Soliciting information and feedback from you, including through surveys and questionnaires;
- Performing business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, and the products and services we offer; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
With whom we share this information
We may share the information we collect about you in limited circumstances, including:
- With our authorized service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to transmit communications or advertising, or assist with the transactions you initiate), although we require that these third parties limit their use of your personal information to providing the service for which the information was shared;
- To affiliates within the Bedsider and Power to Decide family;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Power to Decide, our affiliates, users, or the public;
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law;
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale;
- In aggregated or another non-personally identifiable form to third parties for various business purposes, including business analyses and advertising.
Your Rights and Choices
You can access, delete or update the personal information you have provided on Bedsider.org by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please see the relevant help resources for your specific browser.
The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on does not prevent data from being sent to the website itself or in other ways to web analytics services.
How we protect your information
We have implemented procedures to help protect the personal information that you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Should we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete that information from our database.
A special word about public forums
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in public forums, that information can be collected and used by others. This includes any information that you choose to make publicly available. For this reason, we encourage users not to post any sensitive information, including personal information, in any public forums.
How you can contact us
or by mail at:
Power to Decide
1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2019. Power to Decide.