Any flirt will tell you: A good pickup line said at the right time can be a great conversation starter. But how do you come off clever and not clueless? The trick to pulling off a pickup line is never taking it seriously. You want to show off your charm and wit with a wink. You want to make the person laugh, not cringe. And you want to say it with breezy confidence—yes, that’s a thing—so practice with some of these.
- You look familiar. Did we take a class together? I could’ve sworn we had chemistry.
- If I told you I worked for FedEX would you let me handle your package?
- Are you a campfire? Because you’re hot and I want s’more.
- Is your name Google? Because you’ve got everything I’m searching for.
- My friends bet me that I wouldn’t be able to start a conversation with the hottest [guy/girl] in the bar. Wanna buy some drinks with their money?
- Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got fine written all over you.
- If you were coffee you’d be espresso, because you’re so fine.
- There’s something wrong with my phone. It doesn’t have your number in it.
- You look cold. Want to use me as a blanket?
- If you were words on a page, you’d be fine print.
- Do you have a sunburn or are you always this hot?
- What do you like for breakfast?
- I was so taken by you that I ran into that wall over there. So I’m going to need your name and number for insurance purposes.
- I don’t have a library card, but do you mind if I check you out?
- If you were a Transformer, you’d be Optimus Fine.
- You may be asked to leave soon, you’re making everyone else look bad.
- Can I take your picture to show Santa what I want for Christmas?
- My magic watch says you don’t have any underwear on. [Person says they do.] Oh you do? It must be 15 minutes fast.
- You look a lot like my next crush.
- Is your name homework? Because I’m not doing you, but I should.
BTW, should any of these lines lead to something, you know where you can find the best birth control.
And we do realize that if you’re really shy, pickup lines might not be comfortable. That’s fine. We can help you break the ice in other ways. We can also help you talk to your crush if you already have feelings for someone.
Did we forget your favorite pickup line? Post it in the comments. We promise to use it this weekend in your honor.
P.S. Love your birth control? We want to hear all about it.