We’ve already shared the best songs for every kind of break up, because we know what music can do for your mood. Music can also help you step out of your comfort zone and feel more powerful. (Ever feel like your favorite songs make for your best workouts? It’s a similar effect.)
An interview. A first date. A big presentation. We can all use a little extra confidence sometimes to get through a major moment. Build a go-to playlist of songs that make you feel like a badass. Hit play when you need an extra boost.
Here are a few of our favorite empowering tracks to get you started.
- Before a night out. She Wolf – Shakira
- Before the big meeting. Confident - Demi Lovato
- Before you see your ex. Feeling Myself – Nicki Minaj ft. Beyoncé
- Before an interview. CRZY – Kehlani
- Before you hang with your crush. Maiden – MØ
- Before a self-care session. En Love – Lizzo
- Before heading out with friends. Team – Lorde
- Before you make the first move. Two Way Street – Kimbra
- Before your first night out post-break up. Telephone – Lady Gaga & Beyoncé
- Before you ask for a raise. BO$$ - Fifth Harmony
Feeling, “blah?” Take two Beyoncés and call us in the morning. And tell us which tunes make your power playlist in the comments.
You’ve got this,
P.S. Another great confidence booster? Finding a birth control method you love. Compare your options here.