Here’s why we loved Dr. Jennifer Lincoln’s new book, Let’s Talk About Down There
A new book from TikTok’s favorite ob-gyn answers all your burning questions
The internet is truly a blessing and a curse. While we love that you can get all the details about sexual health, check out your options for birth control, and find a health care provider with just a click, we do NOT love that anyone and everyone can claim to be an expert. That’s why we’re so thankful for providers who have stepped out of the exam room and into the world of social media!
With over two million followers on TikTok, Dr. Jennifer Lincoln is leading the charge to make sure people are getting accurate, evidence-based info about their bodies. And her new book answers the burning questions that many people have about sex, vaginas, birth control, and everything in between, so we were really excited to get our hands on a copy!
Here are some of our favorite topics that are covered in the book:
- Periods. Did you know that it’s normal for the color of your period blood to change throughout your cycle?
- Taking care of your vagina. This topic is so important given the shame that surrounds talking about “down there.”
- Sexual health products to avoid. Given the huge number of “hygiene” products aimed at people with vaginas, it is so important to be armed with the FACTS.
- Birth control safety. Your body doesn’t need a break or a cleanse from birth control!
- Health care tips. For example, were you aware that you don’t need a pelvic exam to get most types of birth control prescribed? While it may be a good idea to get one, you should NEVER feel forced. The only birth control methods you actually need a pelvic exam for are the IUD and sterilization.
Along with all the medical information that Dr. Lincoln provides, her book also spills all the most important tea about virginity, purity culture, desirability, and so much more. Grab your copy today and get reading!
How do you feel about this article?
Heat up your weekends with our best sex tips and so much more.