We all have those days. The ones where it feels like karma has turned against you from the moment your alarm goes off. The ones that call for a reminder of why you are brilliant, resilient, and beautiful. Here are 5 uplifting quotes to keep you feeling golden on those days.
1. “You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed—and you are beautiful.” -Amy Bloom
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again—what you see as a flaw might be endearing or downright irresistible to others.
2. “You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.” -Jennifer Lopez
We’re with J.Lo. The internet is full of advice on how to practice self-love, but you know yourself best, so work on this in whatever way feels right. Whether you’re learning to enjoy time alone or to embrace your body exactly as it is, please always remember that you’re worth the effort.
3. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
Get up on that stage during karaoke night. Go bouldering. Say yes to your next opportunity to speak in public. Text that person you’ve been making a lot of eye contact with. We don’t know where it will lead, but fortune favors the bold.
4. “I think people spend too much time staring into screens and not enough time drinking wine, tongue kissing, and dancing under the moon.” -Rachel Wolchin
#Relevant. Sometimes putting your phone on airplane mode is all it takes to dial down the stress. Wine, kissing, and dancing usually don’t hurt either.
5. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all of the fun.” -Katharine Hepburn
There are times to follow the rules and times to buck tradition. For those moments when you want to break away from the pack, you could start by testing out these tips for never-forget-it sex, or these tips for dating without a rulebook.
P.S. Need more inspiring, empowering, hilarious quotes in your life? Follow Bedsider on Twitter for quotes galore and so much more.